Monday, April 16, 2007

Rough Day

Ever had one of "those days"? That was saturday for my family. It started out a great day. Mike headed off to work and I was looking forward to a day in the city to spend my husbands hard earned money on maternity clothes and pants for our daughter that would actually come to her ankles. As I was getting ready to leave I had that little itchy feeling like there was something in my eye. Well I pulled the ever so common manuever of rubbing my eye. Thats when the day started getting more interesting. Whatever happened to be in my eye did not approve of being rubbed and decided to retaliate with a scratching maneuver of its own. Instant tears and crazy amounts of pain. I figured it would subside so I attempted to carry on with my getting ready to go plans. This proved more difficult than expected when trying to keep one eye closed. Its amazing how children can instantly spot a chance to get away with something. After about an hour of fighting the pain in my eye and trying to keep a busy toddler out of trouble with my eyes closed, I knew it was time to call for back up. I called my dad who then went down to the job sight to pick up Mike. The poor guy had just barely got everything set up and had to put it all away to come to my aide. After a trip to the emergency room, freezing in my eye and a super fun eye exam I was sent home with an attractive eye patch and antibiotic goop to heal the scratch on my cornea.

Not to be put off by my new pirate appearance Mike and I decided to head off to the city together. About 25 minutes from home our car suddenly stopped accelerating and then died. It literally completely died with not even enough juice to run our hazard lights. We then became truly Stahled on the side of the highway.(get it? Im so funny) We again called my father who rounded up a truck and trailier to haul us home. To make a long story short, it turned out our coolant had leaked and poured all over the engine which completely fried the whole engine. Well if thats not enough, As mike was backing the truck off the trailer some sharp object was sticking out and punctured our tire.

So to recap, I scratched my cornea, we have to replace our entire engine and then we need to fix a flat tire. Here's the funny part. The last few weeks we have been praying that God would teach us to trust in him instead of our own strength. Well now we know without a doubt that he listens to our prayers. As stressful as it is to know we have no vehicle for weeks and not much idea how we are going to pay for it all, we are excited to see what God is going to do. Its nice to know that He has something in mind for us. I will keep you posted.

On another note, the pastor of street church that I mentioned in the previous blog, just got hit with 4 more bylaw tickets for feeding the homeless and using a loud speaker for preaching. He has been threatened with more prison time and his response went something like this "go ahead and put me in prison for feeding the poor, You cannot stop Jesus"
Posted by Picasa

11 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Oh, Lynette!!! What a day. Your patch is quite...stunning, in it's own way.

Ahem.

Do you need some ice cream?

4/16/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to endure a lovely scratch on my cornea once. Only I was in grade 2 and I was called "Captain Hook" for quite some time. But you have to admit that when they freeze your eye, it feels pretty cool.

4/16/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now you've got me scared... I've been praying the same thing, that God would teach me to trust Him, but after reading your story I'm a little nervous about what that entails.

On a different note, I got to be covered in pooh yesterday from my son's pooptastrophe. It resulted in a long thorough bath and a new set of clothes for each of us. I'm thinking of getting him a shirt that says "Handle With Care: Contents Under Pressure".

4/17/2007  
Blogger Adriel Sebastiaan said...

Wowie zowie.....Perhaps God was simply saying....DON'T GO TO THE CITY....seriously though, we are purified through fire.

"Don't let it bring you down...."
-Neil Young

4/17/2007  
Blogger Spoke said...

I have a picture of MY patch of 1990. I got tired of people gawking at me so I grabbed some felt markers and drew a huge gaudy eye on the patch. Now, when people looked at me, THEY looked funny...
Please remember, WE LIVE IN TOWN AND HAVE CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!
Call us anytime to help out, hang out or shout it out.

4/17/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl its days like that when you just go back to bed and start over... and eat lots of chocolate... that is the only way to survive :)

I think it is time to involve the press with this Street ministry. If the right news feeds got wind of this prison time political pressure might start to change things. If not, atleast more poeple would support the ministry adn step up to keep it going. - just a thought

4/18/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had another thought... if you wore your costume and makeup from Cinderella no one will even notice your eye patch!!

your welcome :)

4/18/2007  
Blogger Stahled said...

the press is all over the street church stuff. there has been new stories the last few days on the radio and tv

4/18/2007  
Blogger Take 2 said...

Lynnette...

You look so incredibly sad in this picture..... I missed the eye patch on ya.

Keep on looking to Jesus, somehow and someway He will work it all out. And remember we are here for rides too!!!!

Love ya guys.

Dana :-)

4/18/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, You look so sad! Hope your week has been going better since. Yesterday I woke up and told the kids that when I was their age I had a best friend and it was her birthday today. I told myself several times to write to you, but forgot! So much for my tired brain. Happy Birthday a day late anyways! My sis-in-law is at the hospital to have her baby and Micah just had his on Wednesday - must be a good week:)
At least things can only go up!
Love ya, Bethany

4/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Three Hills ex-pat looking for blogs, found yours. If you still don't have a car, call Rod Adolf --he does dodges, plymouths, and the like for cheap. Perfect for those days when your decides its had enough. I believe he is listed

By the way, tell Mike Frog's Gap is full and there was no sign of dead fish, as of a month ago.

5/01/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home