Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I have found that I have become increasingly "dumber" the longer Ive been out of school. Its my 10 year reunion this summer so that means I have been out of school almost as long as I was in. 12 years to learn things and 10 to unlearn them. I believe that puts me back to about a grade 2 level.
I found that I have started stuttering when I talk to people. I actually seem to be losing my ability to communicate. I will try to tell someone something and I cant even form a sentence. Its there on the tip of my tongue but when I open my mouth it spills out in all the wrong order. A mass of scrambled verbs, adjectives and nouns. ( I am rather surprised that I remember those terms as Im pretty sure I didnt learn those till at least grade 3) I have decided to write a little everyday as to work on my communication skills. I suppose it would probably be more beneficial to actually talk to a fellow human being, but it is hard to press backspace or delete when you are talking.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes words tumble out of my mouth and in my mind I'm suddenly thinking, "What the heck am I talking about?"

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one.

4/15/2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

Two posts in as many days! You must have some free time again!

4/15/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've noticed that I'm starting to stutter a lot too lately! I'm also glad I'm not the only one...

And glad that you're back here!

4/19/2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home